8.06.2005

Lack of motivation...

Coast Guard Festival fireworks are tonight...


In High School I would have been "So There." But all I can think about right now is going to bed early.

I think 'it' has happened. I've become an old man prematurely.

Most of you know that I'm an old soul. I like old leather shoes that require polish, buying furniture that will last, carrying a 'hanky.' I even have recently traveled back in time with my shaving habits. Gone is the shaving cream and introduced is the bar of Colgate and brush. (If you haven't tried this you must.)

Many of these habits I've brought into my life voluntarily, but other old soul practices and feelings have just always been with me:

"Stay away from the edge..."

"Have I told you that ___________(Insert name of dead relative) used to say..."

"We are just running to the store - why can't I wear this? Nobody cares what I look like."

"I'll take Nursing Homes for $500 Alex."

~~~~~~

I think I'll find the motivation to go... just after this little nap.

4 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

"so there"..

we were an extremely active tangle of high-schoolers for awhile there...it seems like a long time ago now.
:|

and about getting old..
you're fine as long as there's a GQ on the back of your toilet instead of a Reader's Digest.

England said...

I hope you went to those fireworks...

Anonymous said...

So...we're dying to know...did you make it. If it makes you feel any better, Rob and I were in bed by 10 that night...

Ryan said...

Yeah... so I didn't go. Ang and I went out to dinner at the Sardine Room. After that, we realized that we would have to get up really early the next morning for Chicago...