10.22.2005

"...may you ever be captivated by her love." prov 5.5


I hate women's retreats. They don't occur that often, but when they do I am left for a weekend alone. I am trying to stay positive about them and I have come up with a few things that are good about my wife getting a weekend away:

1. She gets to spend quality time with her mom and sister-in-law. (Although a 'day-camp' format may be better - just a thought ~)

2. I get to go to sporting events - i.e. the Michigan State game today. (Although it would be nice to go with Ang, I'm afraid she wouldn't enjoy it as much as me.)

3. I fell asleep on the couch last night. I love sleeping on the couch - although I prefer that Ang sleeps with me on the couch. Sometimes (because Ang is so very gracious and understands that I think couch sleeping is one of the most comfortable things ever) we pull our couches together and sleep in our living room for a ritual we have deemed 'couch night.'

btw - Couch night is best during the holidays when the Xmas tree lights are left on...

Okay, enough with the positive spin - there isn't much else. I just miss her lots...

1 comment:

Andrea Wagenmaker said...

Ryan-
What a sweet post - you are such a devoted husband! It was very fun to see you and Ang tonight. I am glad she is back home too.